Congo Hiking Guide, Congo Safaris & Nyiragongo Treks in Africa
Welcome to the Authentic Nyiragongo safari hike guide to help you plan a hiking adventure to Democratic Republic of congo on a combined trip with Mountain Gorilla trek in virunga national park or Eastern Lowland gorillas in Kahuzi biega national Park located in the southern Kivu near Bukavu town, the second largest town in the destination mostly visited by travelers . Nyiragongo Volcano guide presents to you the most updates information about the volcanic activities, eruptions and what to bring for the nyiragongo hike, packing list and other things to do in congo while on an african Safari Holiday prepared by Reliable Safari Companies.
Having some questions regarding the booking for Nyiragongo volcano Hike in congo
- What level of trekking difficulty are you seeking?
- How many days do you have available for Nyiragongo trekking in Congo?
- Looking for a remote trekking destination, or, will a touristy one be okay as well?
- Are you a budget traveler or is price less relevant for you?
- During which season(s) are you trekking in Congo? (some treks are not recommended during the monsoon and winter season)
- Looking for remote and hard camping treks (also sometimes named ‘adventure treks’) or the simpler guesthouse treks?
- Are you alone, or with someone? Nyiragongo treks in Congo have Restricted Permits and hence requires you to book the nyiragongo permit in advance.
How to Plan for Nyiragongo Hiking trip to while Visiting Congo?
Planning for Nyiragongo hike starts right away with the design and selecting the most reliable tour operator that offer safaris in Congo, and the second option is booking the nyiragongo permit, Mikeno package, Porters with trust.
Plan a Safari to Democratic republic of congo to hike Nyiragongo Volcano. We present Information about Nyiragongo Volcano, Hiking tours & Gorilla trekking combined on a Congo Safari tour .Are you Looking for a Safari Planner to Climbing Nyiragongo mountain? Nyiragongo Volcano is offering Ultimate Hiking Experience to Climb the Active Volcano in Africa.Through Recommended Tour Operators, the safari hike to volcano can be worthy enjoyable by travelers. Find the List of Recommended Safari Activities that can be enjoyed by Tourists to Congo on Safaris to Virunga national park.
During the Nyiragongo Hike You’ll trek up and down on more or less the same trail, book the nyiragongo hiking Safari with Congo Gorilla Safaris to enable adventure the volcanic texture of Congo.
Nyiragongo Reliable Safari Companies
- Congo gorilla Safaris
- Active African Vacations
- AA tours Rwanda
Many Travelers ask themselves when is the best time to visit Virunga National Park for Hiking Nyiragongo Volcano in Africa, Democratic republic of Congo is a safe place that can be Visited any time to adventure. Summer time to hike Volcano requires you to buy Nyiragongo permit costing USD 300 per person and not including Accommodations and Portals.
Getting around Democratic republic of congo to visit the Mount Nyiragongo Volcano, there are two ways of getting to Nyiragongo Starting Point in Virunga National Park. Find all the travel information to enable you enjoy a hiking adventure to visit World’s largest lave lake in Congo.
Drive – Driving will take you about 5-6 Hours from Kigali International Airport including the time for Boarder crossing but the traveler must have applied for the visa in advance like 90 Days ago, Some can Apply for a Congo Tourists Visa through their reliable tour operator or safari company, For Ground transportation the fleet must be a 4×4 Car to avoid disappointment.
A 4×4 vehicle is recommended they are normally about $250 – $350 per day and come with a driver but can be less fuel.
Fly – There are a few companies that fly to the Goma and these include the international Airlines that offer direct flights to Democratic Republic of Congo. It takes about 40 – 45 minutes from Kigali .You can also get a chartered flight into the Virunga National Park. This is best organized by a safari operator.
Safari activities in Virunga National Park
- Camping, Travelers wishing to Travel to Democratic Republic of Congo for Safari Holiday, Camping is available but it will be expensive like normal hotels and it can only be enjoyable once on nyiragongo Hike.
- Hiking & Climbing Nyiragongo can require you to have a valid Pass from Visit Virunga the Government agency that is responsible for the Travelers visiting Nyiragongo and it costs USD 300 and it includes overnight fee at Nyiragongo Summit Shelters. Climbing Mountain Nyiragongo starts from Goma and Goma is the Base for Hiking the only active Volcano open for expeditions in Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Gorilla Trekking in Congo , is another important safari activity to be joined with Nyiragongo Hike in Virunga National Park. Virunga is Know for being the best destination for true wild experience of the Mountain Gorillas in the Democratic Republic of Congo however few tour operators are offering Congo Safaris .
- Watching Nyamulagira Volcano, This can be watched from a distance but cannot be visited for real hiking due to the fact that its not accessed by Road and no Road to it, Getting there is quite Difficult and its why various safari companies are not offering that hiking adventure including Virunga national Park.
A basic level of fitness is required for trekking mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. Climbing Mount Nyiragongo in Virungas National Park requires a reasonable-good level of fitness and basic hiking experience. Summiting Mount Nyiragongo involves a 4-6 hour uphill climb often on uneven volcanic rock, muddy tracks and slippery trails. It is however not particularly steep.
The pace of both trekking experiences will be set and determined by professional trekking guides who always ensure that everyone reaches the targeted troop/camp.
To make your experience even more enjoyable, porters that can carry your bag (max.15kg) will be available for hire at Volcanoes National Park (Rwanda) and have been pre- arranged at the Kibati Patrol Post in Virungas National Park (Congo).